August 27, 2018
August 24, 2018
CAR RIDER PM DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Cars will line up in a single file line in the back of the school heading east on Neptune. The first car will begin at the stop sign at the beginning of the car loop. The only car that can pull in ahead of other cars in the car loop is the “Queen of the Car Line”. The Queen purchased this spot at the PTA auction.
All parents will join the car line at the end. The car line builds westward on Neptune, then wraps southward straight down Manhattan. The easiest way to join the car line is by traveling north on Manhattan. Please pull up to the car in front of you. Please do not leave any gaps between cars as this causes confusion. Please do not pull in front of other cars waiting in line.
Please do not block intersections or crosswalks. Please be extra careful at the intersections of Hubert/Neptune, Hubert/Estrella, and Estrella/Manhattan where children will be crossing the road. The crossing guard cannot cross walkers if cars are blocking the intersection.
To make the afternoon dismissal a little quicker for parents, we would like to ask you to follow the following times for the car line arrival:
Kindergarten & 1st In line before 1:45
2 nd & 3 rd Arrive at 1:55
4 th & 5 th Arrive at 2:05
Patrols Arrive at 2:15
**For families picking up more than one child, choose the arrival time for your oldest child.
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CELL PHONE USE DURING ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL TIMES.
The traffic pattern for our school was developed by Risk Management services from the Hillsborough Public School District.
August 22, 2018
August 21, 2018
August 21, 2018
August 13, 2018
August 9, 2018
Dear Mabry Families,
In order to ensure the safety of all students and staff we will be implementing new safety procedures at Mabry Elementary this school year. We are thrilled to announce that Officer Spencer will join us from the Tampa Police Department until a trained school security officer has been assigned. He will be on campus during all student hours to support us in our safety measures.
Keeping in line with the new district protocol, we will be limiting access to our campus.
The new procedures will have a significant impact on student arrival. We are asking for your support in following all school safety protocols.
As we begin to implement the new procedures, the timeline will be as follows:
- From Friday August 10th – Friday, August 17th parents may escort students to their classroom
- During the week of Monday, August 20th – Friday, August 25th only Kindergarteners may be escorted to class (Kindergarten parents must receive a pass to do so during this week from the office by signing in with a valid ID).
- Beginning Monday, August 27th all students should enter campus independently through the designated gate. Extra faculty, patrols and our officer will be available to assist if needed.
- All car riders and walkers must enter and leave our campus through the main gates on Estrella Street, the back walker gate on Neptune, or the bus ramp gate by the cafeteria. We strongly encourage you to use our drop off lines.
- All visitors to our school must report directly to the Main Office and sign in using a valid Driver’s License, State or Military ID.
It is imperative that we know who is on our campus at all times. We are requesting that all parents or visitors with scheduled appointments or those who plan to volunteer must sign in immediately upon arrival.
We value the strong sense of community at Mabry and realize that this is a big change for all of us. We are certain you will appreciate and support all measures to increase the safety and security of your children.
We look forward to a successful school year!
Sheri Frick, Principal
August 7, 2018
A Quick-Reference Guide for New Families
- Campus Opens for Students at 7:15 am: Parents may walk their students to the classroom or drop off in carline beginning at 7:15 am. NOTE: The school is NOT open for children before 7:15, early drop-off arrangements can be made through the HOST program. More information about HOST is under “Items to Know”.
- Morning Car Drop-Off: From Friday August 10th to Friday, August 17th, parents may escort students to their classroom. During the week of Monday, August 20th to Friday, August 25th, only Kindergarteners may be escorted to class (Kindergarten parents must receive a pass to do so during this week from the office by signing in with a valid ID). Beginning Monday, August 27th, all students should enter campus independently through the designated gate. Extra faculty, patrols and our officer will be available to assist if needed. Families can drop-off students in one of two morning carlines – both are staffed by Mabry faculty and student patrols: Front of School (off of Estella Street) or Back of School (Cafeteria, entrance on Neptune). Please refer to map in student assignment packet for proper directional flow of traffic.
- Mabry Morning Show: The school day starts with announcements on the Mabry Morning Show at 7:35. It is a live broadcast from the Media Center hosted by students. Students typically have an opportunity to be on the Morning Show at least 1x per year.
- Students must be on campus and in class by 7:40 am: If a student arrives after 7:40 am, he/she is considered tardy and must sign in at the front office.
- Dismissal Times: School dismisses at 12:55 pm every Monday and 1:55 pm Tuesday-Friday. If you need to check out early, please do so up until 30 minutes prior to dismissal.
- Student Pick-Up:
- Car Line Pick-Up: Parents pick up through the carline in the back circle off of Neptune Street. Obtain a car tag at school to write your child’s name; the line begins AT THE SIGN on Neptune Street and wraps west around Manhattan Street. Students are dismissed by grade level.
- Car Line Leader – if you see a car with this marking, they won the bidding for this privilege at our annual Mabry Auction. This person is allowed to enter the car-line coming west on Neptune, please allow them in.
- Parent Walk-Up: Please park IN DESIGNATED, LEGAL parking spaces on Estrella. “Walk-Up” waiting area is in the courtyard in front of school. Once the gates are opened, you may enter campus and go to the grade designated classrooms to pick up your child.
- Walkers: Student must have parent permission to walk home as a designated walker.
- Walkers may be dismissed from the front or back of the school.
- Bus Riders: Information regarding bus transportation is available at school.
- Day Care/Van Riders: Teachers will escort students for pick-up by after-care programs. The front entrance is designated for buses and day care vans only.
- Change in Dismissal: If you want to change your pick-up method for a day or short period, you must give written notice to the teacher and front office in advance of the event.
Meals at Mabry
- Free Breakfast Available to Students: All K-5 students are eligible for a free breakfast, available in the cafeteria beginning at 7:15 am. Students use their Student ID number to obtain breakfast.
- Purchasing Lunch at School: Many meal options are available for students to purchase.
- NOTE: cash is not used in the cafeteria. Pre-pay for lunches online, view the school menu and see what your child has purchased daily – a link is available on the Mabry PTA website, www.mabrypta.org
- Student Lunch Money Account Linked to Student ID Number: Students simply use their Student ID number when purchasing lunch at school – no card or cash is used during the school day. Parents may put funds in a student’s lunch account by paying online (www.mypaymentsplus.com) or via check at school.
- Bring Lunch from Home: Students may bring lunch from home.
- Parent Volunteers at Lunch Time: Parents and other visitors are not permitted to join students for lunch at school. However, parents are welcome – and encouraged – to volunteer in the Mabry cafeteria during lunchtime. Look for sign-up as school begins, via the Mabry Minute and on our PTA website.
Important Items to Know
- Mabry PTA Website: All important dates and information will be disseminated via the PTA website. Book mark it and make it a regular site to visit www.mabrypta.org
- “Mabry Minute” is packed with critical information: The “Mabry Minute” is a weekly email newsletter – packed with information for families. Sign-up through the website.
- Mabry PTA is on Facebook: The official “Mabry Elementary PTA” Facebook page posts important, real-time updates – “like” the official Mabry page today!
- School Uniform and Friday Spirit Days: School uniform guidelines are posted on the Mabry website (red, navy or white collared shirt, khaki or navy skirt, pants or shorts—no denim, navy leggings are allowed). On “Spirit” Fridays, students may wear a Mabry Shirt OR their uniform collared shirts. Mabry spirit t-shirts may be purchased through the school’s spirit shop – called the “Dolphin Depot.”
- Dolphin Depot: Mabry’s spirit shop – the Dolphin Depot –is open at major school events (in the cafeteria on Meet the Teacher Day). Items may also be purchased by viewing them on the Mabry website and purchasing online.
- HOST—Morning and After-School Care: Both morning and after-school care is available onsite for Mabry students via the HOST program. A link to more information is available on the Mabry website. HOST: http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/departments/101
- Dads’ Club: A group of Mabry dads that organizes various events during the year. Contact Nelson Bosque for more information: [email protected]
- Mabry PTA Wants YOU! There are many ways to be involved at Mabry – for one hour, one day or the year. Look for more information in your FIRST DAY PACKETS about your Mabry PTA!
- Sync your calendar - Be in the know, go to the Mabry PTA website for instructions on syncing your calendar. If you go to the website, click calendar, then the subscribe button - instructions pop up.
Look for ‘First Day Packet!’
- Important Information Sent Home on First Day of School: A packet of information from the school and district will be sent home with your student on the first day of school. This includes more detailed information on many items outlined in this document.
- Dismissal: You will designate a first week dismissal route and a routine dismissal route on the meet the teacher day. Any changes need to be communicated to the teacher and front office.
- Communication: You will receive your teacher communication preference on the first day of school. Email addresses for faculty can be found on the website and online directory. Access and additions to the online school directory will go out in the first day packet.
- Continue to Visit the Mabry PTA Website: Best PLACE for ALL Information is found via the Mabry PTA website: mabrypta.org